Guidelines for Guest Writers
My Ideal Garden is always looking for helpful content to share with our visitors. We welcome submissions based on our theme of how to help our visitors design or create a beautiful personalized landscape/garden that they will always enjoy.
The following is a list of items that you should know before you submit your article to us:
- At this time, we are not financially able to offer compensation for articles chosen. However, we will include an author bio with up to three links to your website, blog or book to showcase your work.
- By submitting your article, you are representing that you are the original author, and you are responsible for the accuracy of your material. Also, by submitting your article, you give us permission to:
- publish your work on our main site.
- edit for length, grammar or typos if necessary.
- Articles should be free of links and be 500 - 1500 words. Up to three links can be put in bios. All links must go to garden related websites, blogs or books. Content should be helpful or interesting information that our visitors can use to help them design and create their gardens. We can not publish anything that is a sales pitch for a product, business or website.
- Our visitors love photographs and we welcome them with your article. They should be sent in .jpg or .png format in a separate attachment from the content of your article.
- We will notify you if we are able to use your article. We try to respond to all submissions within one month.
- Please proofread your article before sending it to us. Spell out abbreviations and symbols. The Chicago Manual of Style is a good reference.
- Submissions should be pasted into the body of your email instead of in an attachment. Send them to
. We look forward to working with you!